These Salty Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars are the perfect lunchbox snack. They’re chewy homemade granola bars loaded with healthy oats, rich chocolate, and a dash of sea salt to throw it all together!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 3/4 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 9×13 baking dish with foil and spray lightly, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine oil, brown sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Add in oats and mix until evenly combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coconut (if desired)
- Bake for 20 minutes until just set.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
*you can use whole wheat flour in place of all purpose, if desired.
store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords:: chocolate chip oatmeal bars, oatmeal bars recipe, granola bars recipe, chocolate chip bars, how to make granola bars, oats recipe