The Salty Chocolate Chip Oat Bars are the perfect lunchbox snack..chewy and loaded with oats with a little coarse sea salt thrown in to make them delicious!
These bars are a lazy recipe.
They’re just too simple..and I honestly can’t believe I haven’t shared them before.
But they’re lazy because I didn’t spend hours/days/months/years planning them out, testing them, re-testing them..
I literally tried a recipe, made it and it worked.
End of story.
ANNND what’s so great is you can do the same. Whip them up, bake them, eat them and call it a day.
A very delicious day.
These Salty Chocolate Chip Oat Bars are pretty hearty. All the oats in there gives them a great texture and chewiness! Plus the added coarse sea salt is a win.
Just prepare your batter as per usual..but I used vegetable oil in place of butter in this recipe. It helps keep them super soft.
Oh, and I added coconut. Because yum.
You don’t’ have to, though!
Isn’t it purdy?
Press that into the pan…
And bake them up.
These are really great as lunchbox snacks too!
makes 24 bars
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 3/4 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 9×13 baking dish with foil and spray lightly, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine oil, brown sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Add in oats and mix until evenly combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coconut (if desired)
- Bake for 20 minutes until just set.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
*you can use whole wheat flour in place of all purpose, if desired.
store airtight for up to 3 days
Want To Save This Recipe?
Here are some other great oatmeal bars I have made…
Salty Caramel Oat Bars are a huge favorite in my house!
Or these Banana Split Granola Bars…