These Salty Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies start with a browned butter base and are completely loaded with flavor and texture! Who doesn’t appreciate a good chocolate chip cookie recipe? You’re gonna love these!
- 1 cup butter, melted and browned
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt 1 cup butter over medium-low heat. When butter is melted continue to cook, swirling butter constantly until it becomes a golden brown color. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In bowl of stand mixer mix butter and sugar together until combined. Add in eggs, extra yolk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add in baking soda, salt and flour. Mix on low until incorporated, then mix in crushed pretzels.
- Finally stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop dough on baking sheet about 2 inches apart, baking until just golden at the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Centers might not seem done yet, but remove the cookies and allow them to cool for 3-4 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 18.4 g
- Sodium: 286.3 mg
- Fat: 13.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.9 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 35.8 mg
Keywords: homemade cookies, soft chocolate chip cookie recipe, easy cookies recipe