These salty/sweet cookies are soft, delicious and flavor packed!!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pretzels
- optional – flaked sea salt
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, then bring it to a boil. Once the butter starts boiling, swirl the pan constantly until the butter passes the foamy phase and becomes a deep amber color. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the butter to cool for 20 minutes.
- While the butter is cooling, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Add the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla into the cooled butter in the saucepan and stir to combine. Pour this mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture. Stir using a a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until the dough comes together.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and pretzels.
- Using a medium (2-tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop the dough 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired sprinkle with a tiny pinch of flaked sea salt on top of the cookies while cooling.
store in an airtight container for up to 3 days
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 16.6 g
- Sodium: 226.1 mg
- Fat: 9.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 29.6 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, cookies, cookie recipe, chocolate chip cookies, pretzels, butterscotch