makes 30 squares.
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Beat butter and sugar together until combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in flour. Mixture will be slightly dry. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a small saucepan heat sweetened condensed milk and butter together until butter is smooth. Pour over shortbread crust. Bake 12-15 minutes until filling is bubbly and browned. It will almost take on a light caramel appearance. Remove from oven
- Immediately sprinkle milk chips on top of filling when it comes out of the oven. Place back in oven for 2 minutes until chips are shiny and soft.
- Carefully spread the chips over the filling with an off-set spatula.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits, pressing into milk chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
You can lace these in the refrigerator to help speed up the cooling process.
I allowed mine to cool at room temperature, though, over night before I sliced and served.