These adorable Skeleton Halloween Cupcakes are going to be the hit of your Halloween party! The recipe is written for 24 cupcake toppers. You can adjust to as many as you are planning on making.
- Frost the baked cupcakes as desired. Pipe or spread the frosting on top.
- Add sprinkles to decorate if desired. Set the cupcakes aside and assemble the skeleton toppers.
- Make the skeleton heads: Press the regular sized marshmallows to flatten. Using the black edible food marker, draw on faces. Press the lollipop stick into the marshmallow creating a the skeleton head.
- Assemble the bodies: Take 3 pretzels per skeleton and 3 mini marshmallows which will make the skeleton “rib cage”. Flatten the marshmallows by squeezing them between your fingers. Thread one pretzel onto the lollipop stick, followed by a mini marshmallow and repeat the process 2 more times so you have 3 pretzels and 3 marshmallows on the stick. *The mini marshmallows give space between the pretzels. (You can also use frosting for this to add to the stability and hold the pretzels in place so they don’t spin.)
- Press each skeleton into the prepared cupcakes.
- Add the arms: Break or carefully cut the pretzels into pieces to create “arms”. Spread a small amount of frosting on one side of the piece and then rest it on the top “rib”. The more curved the piece of pretzel is, the better it will hook on.
Make sure to refer back to the post on this one for pictures of the step by step process and helpful tips
Keywords: halloween cupcakes, skeleton cupcakes