This cookie baked in a skillet, like a deep dish pizza! It’s buttery, chocolaty and gooey in the middle. Top it with ice cream and eat it right out of the pan!!
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- optional garnish – flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Let the butter in a 10- inch cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Once melted, continue cooking until butter comes to a boil. Once boiling, stir continuously until the butter is golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar until as combined as possible. Mixture will separate slightly, this is ok. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- When mixture is slightly cooled, stir in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Then stir in the vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until smooth.
- Mix in flour until combined and no lumps remain.
- Finally stir in chopped chocolate and chocolate chips, working quickly so the chopped chocolate doesn’t melt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the edges are set and a toothpick inserted 1- inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes and then top with ice cream and enjoy!
- Can be eaten warm or at room temperature with a spot right out of the skillet!
If you have any left, store airtight at room temperature. If you would like to serve this individually, allow the cookie to cool in the skillet completely and slice into wedges and serve.
Keywords: cookies and cups, skillet cookie, chocolate chip cookie, cookie recipe