Chipotle Cream (optional)
- 1 Chipotle pepper from a can of Chipotle in Adobo)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups grated cheese (I used Mexican Blend)
- 15 ounces frozen French Fries (cooked according to package directions until they are CRISPY)
- chopped tomatoes or salsa
- In a small blender or food processor combine the chipotle pepper, sour cream and salt and blend until smooth. Set aside or refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. This can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- In a skillet over medium high heat brown your ground beef. Once browned, turn heat down to medium low and add in the black beans and the taco seasoning with 3 tablespoons water and cook and stir for 5 more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Bake your French Fries on a baking sheet according to the package directions. Make sure to bake them until they are crispy so they will hold up to the toppings.
- When the French Fries are done turn oven to 400°F and place half of them in a 9″ skillet. Top the fries with half of your meat mixture and half of your cheese. Top this with the remaining fries, remaining meat and remaining cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 7-10 minutes. You want all the cheese to be melted.
- Top immediately with cilantro, tomatoes and guacamole, if desired.
- Place the Chipotle Cream in a small zip-top bag and snip off the corner. LIghtly drizzle this on top of the Frachos.
- Serve immediately.