- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 16 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 6–8 no bake lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium bowl stir together heavy cream, beaten eggs, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to the pan and heat. Add in the ground beef and ground sausage and cook until meat is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the pan along with the basil, oregano and crushed red pepper. Cook until heated through. Transfer this meat sauce into a bowl and set aside, leaving approximately 1 1/2 cups of sauce in pan.
- Pour 1/3 of the Ricotta cheese mixture on top of the sauce in the pan. Top cheese mixture with 1/4 of the meat sauce mixture. Top this with 2 lasagna noodles, breaking an extra noodle to fit the pan as necessary.
- Repeat these steps 2 more times, ending with the last of the meat sauce.
- Top everything with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Cover your skillet with the lid or foil tightly and cook over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes until mixture is bubbly, cheese is melted and the noodles are cooked.
- Allow lasagna to rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Please don’t worry or stress about the assembly process. Just remember to start and finish with meat sauce and top with cheese. If one layer has more sauce than others it will be fine, I promise!