These S’mores Cookies are like the campfire treat without the mess…or the campfire!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 8 (1.55- ounce) milk chocolate bars, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Marshmallow Bits (mini dehydrated marshmallows)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy. Turn the speed down slightly and add in the eggs and the vanilla, mixing until it’s smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- With the mixer on medium-low speed add in the graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt, mixing until they’re incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add in the flour until it’s just combined.
- Chop up 6 of the milk chocolate bars. Add chopped chocolate and dehydrated Marshmallow Bits into the dough and stir until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop place the dough onto the lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 6 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and press 2-3 mini marshmallows carefully on top the top of the cookies. Place the cookie sheet back in the oven and continue baking for 4-5 minutes until the marshmallows are puffed and slightly golden and cookie edges are lightly golden as well.
- While the cookies are baking break the remaining 2 milk chocolate bars into small pieces.
- When the cookies are done, remove the pan from the oven and immediately press one piece of milk chocolate onto the top of the each cookie. The heat from the cookie will melt the chocolate slightly.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
*Marshmallow Bits are tiny dehydrated marshmallows. I find them at my local supermarket or on Amazon. If you can’t find these, don’t worry. You can easily leave them out of the cookies!
Keywords:: cookies and cups, smores cookies, cookie recipe, cookies, graham crackers, milk chocolate, marshmallows