These are the perfect soft gingerbread cookie! Soft and buttery with the perfect amount of ginger spice!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup additional sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in molasses and mix until incorporated.
- Beat in egg plus additional yolk, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Mix until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour until dough comes together.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion out the dough and roll into balls. Roll balls in extra sugar and place on baking sheet 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
Keywords:: cookies and cups, gingerbread, christmas cookies, soft gingerbread, easy gingerbread cookies, best gingerbread cookies