These are the best molasses cookies ever!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and 1 cup of the sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes, place the additional sugar in a small bowl for later.
- Add in the egg, molasses, vanilla, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger and mix for an additional minute, until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (2 tablespoon) portion out the dough and roll into balls. Roll the dough ball into the reserved sugar and place on the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the edges are set.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
store airtight for up to 3 days for best freshness.
These cookies will freeze nicely, airtight for up to a month. You can also freeze the dough prior to baking.
Keywords:: molasses, molasses cookies, recipe, cookie recipe, christmas cookies