- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and peanut butter together on medium speed until creamy. Add in the sugar and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes until pale in color, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, salt, cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder. Mix for one more minute on medium speed until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flout until just incorporated.
- Finally add in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a large (3- tablespoon) cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just golden. Be careful not to over-bake as they will become dry and crumbly.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can make these cookies smaller, if desired. Adjust bake time down with size.