These Strawberries and Cream Bars start with a cake mix and end up as a beautiful and unique treat! They’re the perfect summer dessert that you can customize with your favorite fruits!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix (18.25 oz, 1 lb)
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, divided
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 9×13 with cooking spray
- In large bowl combine butter, one egg and cake mix. Mixture will be stiff. I used my hands to combine the dough.
- Reserve 1 cup of mixture for topping and set aside.
- Press the remaining mixture in the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, slice the strawberries into approx 1/4″ slices.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and remaining egg until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over top the partially baked crust.
- Evenly arrange the sliced strawberries over the cream cheese mixture and the sprinkle with remaining crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set and crumbs on top turn golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Keywords:: strawberries and cream, strawberry dessert recipe, strawberry dessert, easy strawberry dessert, strawberry recipe, strawberry cake recipe