These Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars are the best fruity desserts for the summertime. These fresh and tangy treats are made with a buttery shortbread crust for perfection in every bite.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into tablespoon sized pieces
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, powdered sugar, 1 tsp lemon zest and butter. Cut together with a pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly. It will be dry, don’t worry.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until edges start to golden.
- Meanwhile, in bowl of stand mixer beat together cream cheese, remaining zest and granulated sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, stirring until combined. Stir in lemon juice.
- When crust is golden, remove from oven and spread strawberry preserves evenly on top. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of preserves.
- Continue baking for 25 minutes until cheesecake is set in the middle.
- Allow to cool on wire rack for 20 minutes and then chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into squares when ready to serve.
Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries if desired.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living
Keywords: strawberry cheesecake bars, lemon cheesecake bars, lemon bars recipe, best lemon bars recipe, lemon cheesecake recipe, strawberry cheesecake recipe, strawberry lemon cake