Makes 12 whoopie pies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 4 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 10 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar for approx 1 minute on medium speed with your mixer.
- Turn mixer to low and add in baking powder, salt and eggs. Turn mixer back up to medium and mix until smooth.
- Mix vanilla into your milk.
- With your mixer on low, alternate adding the flour and the milk/vanilla mixture, starting and ending with flour. Mix until just combined.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart, flatten the dough, so it’s not so rounded.
- Bake 10-11 minutes until edges are golden and tops are set.
- Transfer to wire rack to continue cooling.
- Cream butter in mixer with vanilla about 2 minutes. Slowly add in 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar and cream, beating for 2-3 minutes more. Add more powdered sugar if you desire a thicker consistency.
- Spread about 2 Tbsp of filling on the bottom of a cookie, top with 5-6 strawberry slices. Spread a teaspoon of filling on the bottom of the other cookie (to help stick) and press the cookie together forming a sandwich.