These irresistible dessert bars combine sweet sugar cookies with creamy cheesecake for the ultimate dessert. These Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars are topped with toffee crumble to make them even more heavenly!
- 1 (17.5 oz) pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1 (4 serving size) box French Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs + 3 egg yolks
- 2 (8- ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup toffee bits, pulverized in blender or food processor
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar, melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 whole egg with a spoon. When the dough starts coming together you might need to use your hands to mix.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese, granulated sugar, sour cream, the remaining whole egg and three yolks and 2 teaspoons vanilla on medium-low speed, until mixture is smooth and creamy. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary. Don’t over-mix.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over top the cookie base.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set.
- While bars are baking pulverize your toffee bits in blender or food processor.
- Sprinkle on the cheesecake immediately upon removing from oven.
- Let the pan cool on wire rack 30-45 minutes and then cover and transfer to refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars when ready to serve.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cheesecake, cheesecake bars, cookie bars