This No Bake Sugar Wafer Chocolate Mousse Pie is a creamy and decadent dessert that’s light yet rich with a perfectly sweet crust! Chocolate pie has never been so impressive!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped semi sweet chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 32 Chocolate Sugar Wafer Cookies (about 8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Chop chocolate and transfer to a medium sized glass bowl. Add in salt and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat 3/4 cup of heavy cream until it starts steaming. Don’t bring to a full boil. Pour hot cream over the chopped chocolate and allow to sit for one minute to soften the chocolate. Immediately start stirring the chocolate until it’s completely melted with the cream. Place bowl in refrigerator and allow to cool for just 30 minute until it’s cooled but not solid, you need to be able to stir it.
- Whip remaining 1 1/2 cups heavy cream in mixer with whisk attachment on medium high speed for 1-2 minutes until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grease a 9- inch springform pan with butter, set aside.
- While the mousse is chilling place chocolate sugar wafer cookies in blender or food processor. Pulse until they are a fine crumb. The pulsed cookies will be slightly sticky, because of the filling. This is ok! Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter and press into prepared pan. Mixture can get sticky, I used my fingers to press in pan.
- Cover and chill this until ready to fill.
- When chocolate is cooled remove it from the refrigerator and fold the extra whipped cream into the chocolate carefully. Continue stirring gently until mixed completely and there are no more chocolate streaks. Spread this into crust.
- Whip remaining 1 1/2 cups heavy cream with powdered sugar with whisk attachment until stiff peaks form and spread over the chocolate mousse. If desired dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
store airtight and chilled for up to 3 days
Keywords:: chocolate mousse pie, chocolate pie, best chocolate pie recipe, no bake chocolate pie, homemade chocolate pie, chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse recipe