This Tater Tot Casserole is a quick and easy dinner recipe that’s super affordable too. Kids – and adults – will love this cheesy potato casserole!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (I use Montreal’s)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 32 ounces frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat olive oil. Add the onions and cook until softened, 4-5 minutes. Add in the ground beef and steak seasoning and cook until browned, 5-7 minutes. Stir in the vegetables and cook until warmed. Drain excess liquid from the pan and return back to the heat.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to combine, cooking for 30 seconds. Stream in the broth, milk, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Pour beef mixture into a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly on the meat mixture and then top evenly with the frozen tater tots.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the mixture is bubbly and the tater tots are lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
Keywords:: tat tot hotdish, cheesy tater tot casserole, tater tot casserole recipe, cheeseburger tater tot casserole, easy casserole recipe, cowboy casserole recipe