Toasted Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting is made with toasted marshmallows mixed right into the buttercream. The toasted marshmallows give this frosting recipe delicious flavor and a marshmallow-like texture! Perfect for cake filling or cupcake frosting!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter until smooth. Add in powdered sugar slowly and then milk and continue mixing until smooth.
- Turn oven onto broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread marshmallows out in an even layer. Place under broiler for about 45 seconds until they are browned and puffed. Watch closely because they will burn very quickly.
- Immediately scrape the marshmallows in to the butter mixture and beat until smooth.
- The frosting will be warm due to the marshmallows, so allow it to cool completely before spreading or piping.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 46.3 g
- Sodium: 167.4 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 52.8 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.1 mg
Keywords: toasted marshmallow recipe, toasted marshmallow frosting recipe, frosting recipe, buttercream frosting recipe, toasted marshmallow buttercream frosting recipe, homemade frosting recipe, homemade buttercream frosting recipe