Toasted marshmallows and browned butter make the tastiest rice krispie treats yet! Once you try these Toasted Marshmallow Krispie Treats, you’ll never want to go back to the traditional recipe!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Grease a 9×9 pan lightly with cooking spray. I actually lined mine with foil and then sprayed, for easiest removal.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat melt butter. Continue cooking butter, swirling pan until it becomes a nice brown color (this will take about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Transfer browned butter into a large bowl or pot where you will be able to easily stir your krispie treats together, and set aside.
- Turn oven onto broil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread your marshmallows onto lined baking sheet.
- Place under broiler for 45 seconds to 1 minute until marshmallows are puffed and deeply golden. Watch them closely because they will burn quickly.
- Using a rubber spatula lightly greased with cooking spray and immediately scrape marshmallows into bowl with butter. Stir to combine quickly. Pour krispie cereal into toasted marshmallow mix and stir to combine.
- Press evenly into the prepared pan.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares and serving.
store airtight for up to 2 days, but best if served same day.
Keywords: rice krispie treat recipe, best rice krispie treat recipe, rice krispie treats, rice krispie treats cereal, rice krispie treats variations, how to make rice krispie treats