Whipped Nutella Frosting is so creamy and smooth, you’ll want to eat it with a spoon! This easy frosting recipe is fantastic for both cakes and cupcakes. Once you make this hazelnut frosting, you won’t want to try any other recipes!
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (like Nutella)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment beat the butter and Nutella together for 2 minutes until combined and creamy, scraping sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy cream.
- Once the powdered sugar is mixed in turn mixer back up to medium high and whip for 2 more minutes until creamy and fluffy, again, scraping sides as needed.
- Spread or pipe on top cake or cupcakes.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to a week. Freeze up to a month.
Keywords:: whipped Nutella frosting recipe, whipped frosting recipe, Nutella frosting recipe, how to make Nutella frosting, the best Nutella frosting recipe, easy frosting recipe, hazelnut frosting recipe, easy Nutella frosting recipe