This Whipped Shortbread Cookies recipe is amazing! It’s super simple, delicious, uses only a few ingredients and has a delicious meltaway texture!
- 2 cups butter, room temperature (I used salted)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- optional – 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment mix the butter for 3 minutes on high speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl periodically. When thoroughly whipped, turn mixer to low and add in add in powdered sugar, salt and flour slowly. Once incorporated turn the mixer to medium and mix for 20 seconds. If adding chocolate chips, add them now and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Using a 2 tablespoon sized cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. I like tall puffy cookies, but if you prefer flatter ones, press them down slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
Store airtight for up to 5 days.
Keywords:: shortbread recipe, shortbread cookie recipe, shortbread recipe Scottish, easy shortbread cookies, easy cookie recipe, easy cookie recipe few ingredients, easy dessert recipe few ingredients, easy dessert recipe, easy dessert recipe for party