These White Chocolate Butter Bars are a spin on classic Gooey Butter Cake! I’ve added lots of white chocolate chips that make these bars rich, soft, and creamy with an extra buttery flavor!
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 (15.75- ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (8- ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 9×13- inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cake: In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and cake mix until combined, yet crumbly.
- Add in the egg and mix on medium for 1 minute. Batter will be stiff.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips evenly over batter.
- Filling: In the same mixing bowl, still fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Pour this evenly over white chocolate chips and spread to edges of pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Remove from oven and dust with powdered sugar.
- Let cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, butter bars, butter cake, cake mix recipe, gooey butter cake, white chocolate, ooey gooey butter cake