Whoopie Pie Cake is an instant favorite for not only kids, but adults too! This delicious chocolate cake is filled with sweet Marshmallow Buttercream! Try this easy whoopie pie cake recipe out at your next party!
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix (prepared per package directions) + 1 extra egg
- *cocoa powder for dusting the pan
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease 2 9×13 sized pans with butter and dust with cocoa powder, set aside.
- Prepare cake according to package directions, but add in an extra egg to the mix.
- Split the batter evenly between the 2 pans and bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool completely.
- In stand mixer beat butter and Fluff together until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in powdered sugar. Turning mixer back up, continue mixing for 30-60 seconds until smooth.
- Spread the filling on top of one of the cakes. Top the filling with the other cake.
- In small saucepan bring the heavy cream to almost a boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then pour over top of cake.
you could also bake this in 2 9×9 round pans
Keywords:: whoopie pie cake recipe, whoopie pie recipe, how to make a whoopie pie, how to make whoopie pie cake, homemade whoopie pie recipe, homemade whoopie pie cake recipe, easy chocolate cake recipe, chocolate cake recipe, easy chocolate dessert recipe