This is an amazingly simple zucchini bread recipe that is perfect when zucchini are in season, or all year long!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup grated zucchini (1 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- optional – 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- optional – 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9×5- inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom and up the short sides of the pan with a strip of parchment paper. Coat again with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugars until smooth. Stir in the zucchini. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then using the parchment paper, lift the bread out and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Note – If you slice this while it’s still warm you will be able to slightly taste the zucchini. But if you allow this to cool completely you won’t taste it!
* Nutrition info does not include the chocolate chip and walnuts.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, zucchini recipe, zucchini bread, zucchini, quick bread