These delicious Zucchini Muffins are soft and moist! a favorite in our house!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- optional – 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- optional – 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add in the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring until just combined. Add in the shredded zucchini, chocolate chips, and walnuts and stir to combine.
- Fill liners 2/3 full with batter and bake for 20 – 23 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Freeze for up to 30 days
*nutrition values do not include chocolate chips and/or nuts
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 12.8 g
- Sodium: 213.6 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.9 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 16.1 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, muffins, zucchini muffins, zucchini recipe