- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Challenge Butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Challenge Butter, room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup Cream of Coconut
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract if desired
- Toasted coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners. (12 standard cupcakes or 24 minis)
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in medium bow, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in stand mixer until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add in eggs and extracts and continue mixing until smooth, scraping sides as necessary.
- Add in one third of the flour mixture and then half of the milk, mixing until combined. Repeat process, ending in flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners up 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes for standard size cupcakes and 10-15 for mini. Remove from oven when centers spring back to the touch. Allow to cool before frosting.
- Beat butter until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and Cream of Coconut and beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Add in coconut extract is desired to intensify the coconut flavor.
- Cream of coconut in the can may separate. If this happens, mix it together in blender or food processor until combined and smooth before adding to the frosting.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Garnish with toasted coconut if desired.