These are The BEST Skillet Biscuits! They are a tender buttermilk biscuit, with a crispy, salted butter edge. Top them with honey butter, for an extra delicious treat. BUT be prepared to get asked to make these homemade biscuits over and over again.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup cold salted butter, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups cold buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a 9- inch cast iron skillet liberally with butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together both flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the cold butter and quickly work the butter into the flour until it forms a coarse meal.
- Stir in the buttermilk until dough forms.
- Scoop out the into 1/2 cup portions and drop into the prepared skillet. Dough can touch in the pan. Brush the dough with half of the melted butter, reserving the remaining.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the remaining butter.
- To prepare the honey butter, combine the 1/2 cup butter, honey, and vanilla in mixing bowl. Using the whisk attachment, mix on medium speed until combined and smooth.
- Serve biscuits warm with honey butter.
Store airtight for up to 3 days. To reheat place in a warmed oven for 5-6 minutes to heat up.
Store honey butter airtight, refrigerated, for up to 7 days.
Keywords:: how to make honey butter, honey butter recipe, homemade biscuit recipe, best biscuit recipe, how to make the best biscuits, skillet biscuit recipe, how to make skillet biscuits, bread recipe, easy biscuit recipe, oven baked biscuit recipe