Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake is a combination of two classic desserts! Made with a creamy cheesecake on top of a moist layer of cake topped with delicious chocolate ganache.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 (8- ounce packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Cake Layer: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 or 10- inch springform pan, set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour mixture and milk in alternating additions, starting and ending with flour. Mix until just blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan and bake for 25 minutes until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cheesecake Layer: Lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
- In the clean bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together on medium speed until smooth.
- Separately whisk eggs with a fork in a small bowl, add the beaten eggs to cream cheese mixture on low until just combined. Stir in the sour cream, mixing until combined. Pour mixture over cake in the springform pan, spreading to cover.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the outside edges appear set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of cake from the pan by running a butter knife around the cake. Allow cake to cool completely. Cover cake and chill for at least 4 hours (I chilled mine overnight)
- Chocolate Layer: When the cheesecake is chilled, heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan until it almost comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Stir in butter until smooth.
- Chill for 15 minutes and then spread over top of cake.
- Chill until ready to serve.
If you choose to use a boxed cake for the cake layer, just divide the recipe in half, or bake both layers and save the extra layer for another day.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 797
- Sugar: 52.1 g
- Sodium: 390.6 mg
- Fat: 53.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 71.2 g
- Protein: 13.1 g
- Cholesterol: 202.3 mg
Keywords: boston cream cake, boston cream pie, homemade cheesecake