Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake is a combination of two classic desserts! This is a creamy cheesecake on top of a moist layer of cake topped with delicious chocolate ganache!
This is no ordinary cheesecake. It’s Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake. And it’s perfect because there is no custardy mess happening.
Because I don’t love custard. Sorry. But I do love cheesecake…So anyhow, this is perfect.
You’ve got a layer of vanilla cake, a layer of cheesecake and a yummy chocolate ganache topping…
First make the cake.
I used a simple scratch recipe, but you could easily cut a cake mix in half and bake it up…While that’s baking make your cheesecake layer. It’s a simple recipe with the addition of sour cream to make it extra creamy…
Spread the cheesecake layer all over the baked cake layer…And then bake that!
Let it cool completely and chill it for at least four hours. When it’s completely chilled go ahead and make your chocolate ganache topping.
It’s easy, just heavy cream heated up and chocolate chips melted in. I added a few tablespoons of butter to give it a little umph.
Pour that all over the top after its chilled for a bit and thickened…
Chill it some more until you’re ready to serve it!
Love this recipe because it has it ALL…Cake, Cheesecake and chocolate… you’re set!Print
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 (8 oz pkgs) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 9 or 10 inch springform pan, set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and milk in alternating amounts, starting and ending with flour. Stir until just blended.
- Pour in springform pan. Bake for 25 minutes until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Lower oven temperature to 325*
- In bowl of stand mixer beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Separately whisk eggs with a fork in a small bowl, add beaten eggs to cream cheese mixture on low until just combined. Stir in sour cream. Pour mixture over cake in the springform pan, spreading to cover.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the outside edges appear set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of cake from the pan by running a butter knife around the cake.Allow cake to cool completely. Cover cake and chill for at least 4 hours (I chilled mine overnight)
- When cheesecake is chilled heat heavy cream in a small saucepan until it almost comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Stir in butter until smooth.
- Chill for 15 minutes and then spread over top of cake.
- Chill until ready to serve.
If you choose to use a boxed cake for the cake layer, just divide the recipe in half, or bake both layers and save the extra layer for another day.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cake recipe, cheesecake, boston cream pie
Want To Save This Recipe?
Helpful tip… out of sour cream?
Check out these other fun Boston Cream Pie recipes: