Circus Cookie Krispie Treats are SO easy.. basically like frosted animal crackers inside a rice krispie treat…
So you guys.
Rock your body…
I just I haven’t really slept.
And I’m hopped up on sugar.
And I feel all burgly-murgly.
I can’t be held responsible for what I write here.
But here’s the thing, you still love me even when I don’t make sense, right?
I think you will.
Because these Circus Cookie Krispie are the funnest.
Actually this recipe was sent to me from an awesome reader named Nicole.
I love it when you guys send me ideas…because sometimes my brain gets fried. Like today. Hence all the burgly-murgly.
Anyhow, it’s such a simple idea I gave myself a Wet Willy for not thinking it up on my own.
Ok, gross. I totally didn’t do that.
But I did think, “I wish I thought of that”.
So, thanks Nicole for the idea! Your krispies rock!
They’re totally easy. Grab some of those Frosted Animal cookies…you know, the ones that are impossible to stop eating…
And chop them up.
Then make your usual krispie treats, going a little heavier on the marshmallow.
Mix in the cookies…
And stir it all together.
The frosting might melt off the cookies a bit, turning your krispies pink. This is completely ok.
Press that into a greased pan…
Then melt some white chocolate and spread that all over the top…
It doesn’t have to be pretty.
Because you’re covering it in SPRANKLES….
makes 30 squares
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 16 oz mini marshmallows
- 8 cups Krispie Rice Cereal
- 1 (13 oz) bag of frosted Circus Animal Cookies, coarsely chopped
- 12 oz white chocolate, chopped finely
- rainbow nonpareils to garnish
- Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray, set aside
- In large pot over low heat melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in krispie cereal and then cookies until coated in marshmallow mixture.
- Press into prepared pan evenly.
- In a medium bowl melt white chocolate on 50% heat in 30 second increments until melted, stirring after each 30 seconds.
- Spread white chocolate over krispies and sprinkle with nonpareils.
- Allow white chocolate to set and cut into squares.
store airtight for up to 2 days.