This Ice Cream Cake is the perfect party cake!
- 1 (10-15 ounces) Brownie Mix, made according to package directions in an 8×8 pan
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate frosting
- 1.5 quarts Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- sprinkles to garnish
- Line an 8×8 or 11×7 deep-dish baking dish with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Sides of the pan need to come up at least 3 inches to leave room for the ice cream and whipped cream layer.
- Bake the brownies according to package directions in the prepared pan and allow to cool completely.
- Spread chocolate frosting onto cooled brownies.
- Place frosted brownies in refrigerator.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and allow to soften for about 30 minutes while the brownies are chilling.
- Remove the brownies from the refrigerator and top with ice cream, spreading evenly with an off-set spatula.
- Cover and place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving prepare your whipped cream. Place heavy whipping cream in bowl of stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and add in granulated sugar. Beat cream on high speed for about 2 minutes until it becomes thick.
- Spread onto ice cream cake, top with sprinkles and serve immediately.
Store air-tight in freezer for up to 2 weeks. Allow to soften 15 minutes before serving.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, ice cream cake, brownies, cake recipe, ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles