Makes 20 large cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 10 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/3 cup flour
- optional ~ 1/2 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner. Set aside.
- Mix all the crumb ingredients together in a medium bowl and cut together with a pastry cutter or a fork until evenly mixed. Refrigerate while making cookie dough.
- Mix together butter, shortening and both sugars for 1-2 minutes on medium speed, until combined and smooth.
- Add in cinnamon, eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until evenly combined.
- Turn mixer to low and mix in baking powder, salt and flour, mixing until dough comes together evenly.
- Scoop cookies out, using a cookie scoop or spoon (about 3 Tablespoons) and place on lined cookie sheet. If using a spoon, form the dough into rounded balls.
- Make an indentation in the center of the cookie dough.
- Scoop at least 1 Tablespoon of Crumb Topping into the center of the dough pressing lightly to stick. I added as much as I could get in there!
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes, or until edges start to get golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet, then transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.