Slow Cooker Corn Bread
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- optional – 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup corn (canned and drained, or frozen and thawed)
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with foil. Coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, smoked paprika, and flour. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and oil.
- Add the egg mixture into the cornmeal mixture and stir to combine. Add in the corn and mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours, or until the center of the cornbread is set.
- When removing lid, be careful not to knock the condensation onto the cornbread. Remove slowly, and wipe the condensation off the lid, and replace if needed.
- Remove the slow cooker insert (if possible) and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. If your slow cooker doesn’t have an insert, turn slow cooker off and allow the cornbread to cool as-is.
- Carefully lift foil out of the slow cooker and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into wedges or bars to serve.
Store airtight for up to 3 days
You can bake this recipe in the oven in a 9- inch deep dish pie plate for 25 minutes at 350°F
Keywords: slow cooker, crock pot, corn bread, corn