makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Sprinkles to top
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and both extracts, beating until combined. Mix in baking powder and salt.
- Finally with mixer on low, add in flour and mix until dough comes together.
- On a floured surface roll the dough out until it’s 1/2 inch thick. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into triangle shaped pieces, about 3 1/2 inches long.
- Bake for 8 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Allow to cool before frosting.
- Beat butter until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and continue beating until smooth and spreadable.
- Frost each cookie with a teaspoon or 2 of frosting. Top frosting with sprinkles.
If you have the bakery emulsion that I used, replace the extracts with 1 tsp of Princess Bakery Emulsion