Frosted Egg Nog Cookies are melt in your mouth delicious! It’s a soft, lightly spiced cookie recipe, topped with creamy egg nog frosting.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 tablespoons egg nog or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the egg, yolk, vanilla extract, rum extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion the dough out and place on the baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the tops are set and the edges are lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine all the ingredients, and mix for 2 minutes until creamy and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Spread approximately 1 tablespoon of frosting onto each cookie.
- Sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon and nutmeg if desired
If you don’t like rum extract, just omit it and sub more vanilla extract!
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
Keywords:: eggnog, cookies, frosting, christmas cookies, recipe