Frosted Egg Nog Cookies are melt in your mouth delicious! It’s a soft, lightly spiced cookie recipe, topped with creamy egg nog frosting. These are so festive and perfect for your holiday cookie platter!
Has there ever been a more cozy cookie than these Frosted Egg Nog Cookies? These are seriously, put on you Christmas pjs, turn on a Hallmark movie, and get under your favorite blanket cookies. They are coming in on Day 8 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies this year and I couldn’t be happier about it! AND if you’ve missed any of the first 7 days, I’m recapping them at the bottom of this post, so catch up!
I have never been an Egg Nog drinker…I’m just not into creamy drinks…it’s weird. Like, I don’t even love hot chocolate. And it’s always a no to milkshakes, lattes (coffee with a little splash of milk please), plain milk (never), or an alcoholic beverage that involves cream (scuze me while I gag). BUT I love all the flavors of egg nog.
It’s kind of like my weird relationship with lasagna. All the ingredients…yes. But lasagna? no. I will never claim that I make sense.
ANYHOW, these Egg Nog Cookies solve all life’s problems. You still with me?
What is Egg Nog?
Egg Nog is a creamy drink, served chilled, made from a combo of milk, cream, sugar topped with a dusting of cinnamon and/or nutmeg. You beat egg whites until the are soft peaks and then mix the frothy egg whites into the milk and cream mixture, giving it it’s frothy texture. Lots of folks like to enjoy this with a splash of bourbon or rum. I don’t know about the egg-safety of egg nog, so certainly imbibe at your own discretion.
And these cookies have all the flavors of egg nog, plus a creamy egg nog frosting on top. And if you’re like your egg nog with a little rum, go ahead and add a little rum extract to your cookies!
These Egg Nog Cookies deserve a spot on your holiday baking list this season for sure! I love including tried and true favorites, like chocolate chips cookies, but trying something new is fun too!Print
Frosted Egg Nog Cookies are melt in your mouth delicious! It’s a soft, lightly spiced cookie recipe, topped with creamy egg nog frosting.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 tablespoons egg nog or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the egg, yolk, vanilla extract, rum extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion the dough out and place on the baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the tops are set and the edges are lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine all the ingredients, and mix for 2 minutes until creamy and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Spread approximately 1 tablespoon of frosting onto each cookie.
- Sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon and nutmeg if desired
If you don’t like rum extract, just omit it and sub more vanilla extract!
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
Keywords: eggnog, cookies, frosting, christmas cookies, recipe
Catch up on all the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies!
Day 1: Easy Cut Out Sugar Cookies
Day 3: Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Day 4: Peanut Butter Balls
Day 6: Gingersnap Cookies
Day 8: Frosted Egg Nog Cookies