These Honey Wheat Muffins are so easy, subtly sweet, and crazy soft!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- optional 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar OR 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar (1 tablespoon granulated sugar + 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with 8 cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the buttermilk, egg, oil, honey, and vanilla until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until smooth.
- Fill the liners 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle the turbinado sugar or cinnamon sugar on top of the batter, if desired.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the muffin tin and allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, muffin recipe, whole wheat muffins, honey wheat muffins, honey, honey muffins