This Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is dense, moist and bursting with lemon flavor!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottoms and up the short ends of the pan with parchment paper. Coat again with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the lemon zest, eggs, vanilla, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and poppy seeds. Mix for 1 minute until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- In alternating additions add the sour cream and flour, beginning and ending with flour.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice and the powdered sugar to make a glaze. Place a baking sheet under the wire rack to catch the excess and pour the glaze onto the warm cake.
- Allow the glaze to set and enjoy.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store airtight for up to 3 days, or freeze airtight for up to a month.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 50.3 g
- Sodium: 320.4 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 70.2 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 80.5 mg
Keywords: pound cake, cookies and cups, lemon cake, lemon poppy seed, cake recipe, poppy seed