Ready to try one of the best cookie recipes ever? These Monster Cookies are packed with chocolate chips, M&Ms, oats, and peanut butter; don’t miss out on these chocolate-y homemade cookies!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups rolled (old fashioned) oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Optional – 1/2 cup peanut butter chips and/or 1 cup raisins
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt and mix until smooth for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until combined.
- Slowly add in the oats and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, M&Ms, and other optional add-ins.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. While the oven is preheating, remove the dough from the refrigerator to take the chill off.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion out the dough and place 2- inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until lightly golden. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freeze dough or baked cookies for up to 30 days. See post about freezing cookie dough for tips.
Keywords: monster cookies, monster cookies recipe, peanut butter oat cookies, easy homemade cookie recipes, chocolate chip m&m cookies, best cookies