Are you ready to be introduced to the one of the best cookies ever created? Meet these homemade Monster Cookies filled with chocolate chips and M&Ms!
If cookies are your thing make sure to try out my Salted Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies too!
If you’re on what feels like your 1000th batch of chocolate chip cookies 1) that’s awesome and I want to be friends, and 2) consider switching up your routine with these Monster Cookies!
They’re made from scratch with peanut butter cookie dough and chocolate chip and M&M add ins! These homemade cookies have got the perfect amount of crispy crunchiness on the edges, and soft chewiness in the middle. Plus, when they’re warm from the oven, the chocolate will literally melt in your mouth. Just try and name a better dessert!
All monster cookies are made with peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and M&Ms in them. Basically, all of the good stuff packed into one cookie. I like to add in raisins while I’m at it, because why not?
I’m not really sure why they’re called ‘monster cookies,’ but some people think it’s because all of the lumps and different colors make them look monster-like. Whatever the reason is, nobody can deny that they are monstrously delicious!
The ingredients for this peanut butter and oat cookie recipe are pretty standard. Making these cookies from scratch is no stress!
- Butter: let it come to room temperature to make mixing easier.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: I don’t recommend using natural peanut butter.
- Light Brown Sugar: packed.
- Granulated Sugar
- Eggs: it’s not a bad idea to let these come to room temperature too.
- Vanilla Extract: for extra sweet vanilla flavor!
- Baking Soda: will help your cookies rise up nice and tall.
- Kosher Salt: if using regular-sized salt granules, reduce the amount of salt.
- All Purpose Flour
- Rolled (Old Fashioned) Oats: quick oats work really well, too.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: you can also use milk chocolate chips.
- M&Ms: or mini M&Ms if you feel like it!
- Optional: 1/2 cup peanut butter chips and/or 1 cup raisins
These chocolate chip M&M cookies are made in 6 easy steps. Just mix everything together, pop your cookies in the oven, and wait for that wonderful, freshly-baked cookie smell to start wafting through the kitchen!
Combine with Eggs: Add in the eggs one at a time, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt and mix until smooth for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Add in Flour: Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until combined. Slowly add in the oats and mix until incorporated.
Let Dough Come to Room Temp: Preheat oven to 375°F. While the oven is preheating, remove the dough from the refrigerator to take the chill off.
Bake Cookies: Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion out the dough and place 2- inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until lightly golden. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rock to cool completely.
So now that I’ve convinced you that these peanut butter cookies are the best things ever, here are some tips to help you get the best results:
- Let Refrigerated Ingredients Come to Room Temp: it’s a lot easier to mix the cookie dough when the eggs and butter have come to room temperature, so I highly recommended taking the time to do that.
- If You Don’t Have a Stand Mixer: that’s okay! You will have a lot of stirring ahead of you, but you can definitely still make these cookies.
- Don’t Over-Bake the Cookies: if they still look a little underdone when it’s time to pull them out, take them out of the oven anyway and let them finish baking as they cool on the cookie tray.
Store these yummy Monster Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can freeze the cookie dough or the baked cookies for up to 30 days. See this post on How to Freeze Cookie Dough for all of the details!
Everybody loves a good cookie! Try out some of these other easy cookie recipes:
- Soft Sugar Cookies
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Dirty Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Carmelita Cookies
- Orange Crinkle Cookies
Ready to try one of the best cookie recipes ever? These Monster Cookies are packed with chocolate chips, M&Ms, oats, and peanut butter; don’t miss out on these chocolate-y homemade cookies!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups rolled (old fashioned) oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Optional – 1/2 cup peanut butter chips and/or 1 cup raisins
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt and mix until smooth for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until combined.
- Slowly add in the oats and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, M&Ms, and other optional add-ins.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. While the oven is preheating, remove the dough from the refrigerator to take the chill off.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion out the dough and place 2- inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until lightly golden. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freeze dough or baked cookies for up to 30 days. See post about freezing cookie dough for tips.
Keywords: monster cookies, monster cookies recipe, peanut butter oat cookies, easy homemade cookie recipes, chocolate chip m&m cookies, best cookies
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: