This vanilla cupcake recipe is easy, soft, and moist! The perfect birthday cupcake topped with a tall swirl of frosting!
- 1 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the cake flour, all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir together using paddle attachment for 1 minute on low speed.
- With mixer still on low, drop in butter, a few cubes at a time, continuing until all butter is in and mixer resembles coarse sand.
- Add eggs one at a time on low speed until combined.
- With mixer still on low slowly pour in milk and vanilla. Turn the mixer to medium and beat for 2 minutes until batter is smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary, making sure batter is well combined.
- Fill liners 2/3 full (about 1/4 cup batter) and bake for 15-20 minutes until centers are set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords: cookies and cups, vanilla cupcake recipe, best vanilla cupcake recipe, cupcake recipe, buttercream