- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and flour together in a medium bowl and cut together with a pastry cutter or a fork until evenly mixed. Refrigerate while making cookie dough.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice, mixing until combined and smooth. Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just incorporated.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Remove the crumb topping from the refrigerator, and using the back of a spoon, make a well in the center of the cookie dough. Scoop at least 1 tablespoon of crumb topping into the center of the dough pressing lightly to stick. I added as much as I could get in there!
- Bake 9-11 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Allow the cookie to rest on the baking sheet for at least 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
*dust with powdered sugar, if desired