Pumpkin Crumb Cake Cookies are soft cookies, that have the perfect pumpkin flavor, topped with buttery, pumpkin spice crumb topping!
I know, I know…it’s barely September, but I am FULLY in fall mode. Actually, I kinda have been for about 2 weeks…which is a total sin, because I really, REALLY love summer.
My kids actually go back to school today and I am pretty sad about it. It feels like the summer went by in a blink, and I have LOVED having my boys home to hang out with everyday. I know the number of summers I have with them without jobs, or summer school is finite, so I just have really loved this summer and being together. Ugh, I am a mess right now! Jake started high school today and I can’t fully wrap my brain around that…while Max started middle school. SOB! I hate this whole time thing.
Anywayyyyyy, I know people are probably major eye rolling at me right now. Yeah.
With all that said, I love me some fall. I love getting back to a routine and schedule…I love cozy weather, the leaves changing color, game day food and soccer season for my boys! I do NOT like that fall leads to winter, which I would be more than happy to skip right over. But I’ll take the good with the bad.
Which brings me to these Pumpkin Crumb Cake Cookies, which are most definitely GOOD.
These are a little spin on my Coffee Cake Cookies that I made a few years back. They are amazing and totally try them, but I thought they could use a fall-ish update. Which means pumpkin in case you’re not as basic as me.
Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet. I used a medium cookie scoop.
These are the PERFECT fall cookie to enjoy any time of the day!Print
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and flour together in a medium bowl and cut together with a pastry cutter or a fork until evenly mixed. Refrigerate while making cookie dough.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice, mixing until combined and smooth. Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just incorporated.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Remove the crumb topping from the refrigerator, and using the back of a spoon, make a well in the center of the cookie dough. Scoop at least 1 tablespoon of crumb topping into the center of the dough pressing lightly to stick. I added as much as I could get in there!
- Bake 9-11 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Allow the cookie to rest on the baking sheet for at least 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
*dust with powdered sugar, if desired
Want To Save This Recipe?