These decadent Salted Caramel Rolo Brownie Cookies are gooey and chocolatey on the inside, and chewy and salted on the outside. You only need a few basic pantry ingredients and a short stint in the oven to make these amazing, sweet-and-salty chocolate caramel cookies!
- 16 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Rolo candies, approx 30-35 pieces
- flaked sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside
- Over a double boiler, melt the chopped chocolate and butter together.
- Meanwhile in large bowl combine eggs, sugar and vanilla, whisking until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, combine flour and baking powder, set this aside also.
- When chocolate is melted, slowly add it to the egg and sugar mixture in small amounts, stirring vigorously until incorporated.
- When chocolate and egg mixture is combined, stir in the flour mixture.
- Fold in the chopped Rolo candies.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until centers are just set.
- When cookies are done, remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
Keywords: salted caramel cookies, brookies, rolo cookies