makes approx 20 whoopie pies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers (about 9 whole crackers)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 (full sized, 1.55 oz) Hershey Bars
- Marshmallow Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, and baking powder in bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl stir milk, vanilla, baking soda and vinegar together, set this aside also.
- In mixer beat butter and brown sugar together for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add eggs and continue to beat until incorporated evenly.
- Turn speed to low and slowly add in flour mixture and milk mixture. Turn mixer up to medium and beat for an additional 1 minute.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon sized portions onto lined baking sheet. Place the batter at least 2 inches apart, as the cookies spread during baking.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until cookies are set.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- When all cookies are baked, melt chocolate bars in microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds. Continue until melted.
- Flip half of the cookies over and spoon a tablespoon sized portion of melted chocolate on the bottom, spreading to the edge of the cookie.
- Fill a piping bag or ziplock bag with prepared frosting and pipe frosting on the remaining, non-chocolate cookies. Leave room at the edge for the frosting to spread when sandwiched.
- Top your frosting side with the chocolate side.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, refrigerate if desired
adapted from Whoopie Pies