S’mores Whoopie Pies are 2 favorite sweet treats in one! It’s a graham soft cookie, filled with Marshmallow Buttercream and topped with melted chocolate. You will LOVE these!
I am a huge fan of turning pretty much every dessert into a S’mores version. I feel like I was born to do that actually, because my birthday is August 10th…
What does that mean?
Well, August 10th is NATIONAL S’MORES DAY!
So yeah. I’ve made S’mores Brownies, S’mores Cheesecake, S’mores in a Jar, S’mores Strawberries, Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter S’mores Bars…I could keep going and going…OR you could check out my S’mores Recipe Round Up.
Here’s what you do…
Next you have to make them happen. Flip half of them over…
Then melt up your milk chocolate bars and give one side of your sandwich a schmear.
Don’t neglect the other side. Cover him with some marshmallow buttercream.
makes approx 20 whoopie pies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers (about 9 whole crackers)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 (full sized, 1.55 oz) Hershey Bars
- Marshmallow Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, and baking powder in bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl stir milk, vanilla, baking soda and vinegar together, set this aside also.
- In mixer beat butter and brown sugar together for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add eggs and continue to beat until incorporated evenly.
- Turn speed to low and slowly add in flour mixture and milk mixture. Turn mixer up to medium and beat for an additional 1 minute.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon sized portions onto lined baking sheet. Place the batter at least 2 inches apart, as the cookies spread during baking.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until cookies are set.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- When all cookies are baked, melt chocolate bars in microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds. Continue until melted.
- Flip half of the cookies over and spoon a tablespoon sized portion of melted chocolate on the bottom, spreading to the edge of the cookie.
- Fill a piping bag or ziplock bag with prepared frosting and pipe frosting on the remaining, non-chocolate cookies. Leave room at the edge for the frosting to spread when sandwiched.
- Top your frosting side with the chocolate side.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, refrigerate if desired
adapted from Whoopie Pies