Sometimes I have irrational fears.
The kind of fear that makes no sense to a level headed person…
For example, those creepy commercials and birthday cards of dogs with human teeth.
Who decided that was cute?
A dog doesn’t need to smile at me with human incisors to be adorable. A dog on its own is more than enough.
I want the advertisers of the world to hear my cry.
I honestly had a dream last night that my dog was chewing her bone and looked over at me and smiled a big, toothy grin.
I woke up in a cold sweat.
Another irrational fear is when I am getting a pedicure, I am petrified that my feet are going to touch the boob of the pedicure lady. She’s all hunched over my foot and I have had, on more than one occasion, a few near misses.
I don’t know why I am scared of this happening, but pedicures are never relaxing for me, because I am constantly on boob/foot high alert.
I’m sure the pedicure ladies are used to the boob-grazing, but I don’t want to be the culprit.
It’s completely irrational.
Now that we have established that I am a lunatic, I can easily share with you another irrational fear:
That you will get sick of my s’mores week.
I know it doesn’t make any sense…but it lays there in the back of my mind with Michael Meyers and pajama jeans.
Since I am trying to work through my issues, I am going to push forward and lay a S’mores Cupcake on ya.
Here’s the deal with these cupcakes:
They are pretty, they are easy and people will give you big, sloppy kisses if you make them. That’s a fact.
First, give each cupcake a little graham cracker crust…
Then bake up your cupcakes. I used a chocolate box mix. But if you are looking for a good chocolate cupcake recipe, try THIS ONE.
After your cupcakes are baked, get your milk chocolate ready…
And melt it up.
Give each cupcake a chocolate bath.
Make some delicious Marshmallow Buttercream and frost your cupcakes.
Now, if you’re feeling fancy get your garnish on.
I lined a baking sheet with marshmallows…
And broiled them for 15 SECONDS! Don’t walk away, because the toasting happens fast. FAST!
That’s it! Now take a bite. Don’t be scared.
Isn’t that crust pretty?
Don’t forget that on Friday I will be having a link up party, so you guys can share all your favorite s’mores treats with me!
And if you’re wondering where I got those cupcake liners, here’s a link.Print
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 5–6 full sized Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars (1.55 oz each)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, for garnish
- double batch Marshmallow Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners, 24 cupcakes
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Drop tablespoon amount of graham cracker mixture into each liner and press down to form crust.
- Bake the crusts for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fill liners 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until cupcakes are set.
- Break Hershey’s bars into small pieces and melt in microwave, 30 seconds on 50% power, stirring after every 30 seconds. Repeat until melted.
- Spoon a tablespoon amount of chocolate on top of each cupcake, spreading to cover.
- Chill cupcakes in fridge until chocolate is set.
- Make a double batch of Marshmallow Buttercream
- When chocolate is set, frost cupcakes.
- Drizzle with remaining chocolate, if desired. (you might need to reheat)
- To toast marshmallows, spread marshmallows on a baking sheet. Turn oven to broil.
- When oven is ready, place baking sheet on top rack. Toast marshmallows under broiler for 15 SECONDS. They toast VERY quickly, so stay close.
- Remove from oven and garnish cupcakes.
74 comments on “S’mores Cupcakes”
Very good info. Lucky me I discovered your site by accident (stumbleupon).
I’ve saved it for later!
Could you make this as a cake instead of cupcakes?
I made your smores cupcakes for my birthday party recently…OMG! Delicious and a huge hit! I featured them here: http://everydayisahollyday4.blogspot.com/. Thanks!
You are hysterical.. I love reading your posts and this recipe is a MUST for me to make. Thank you!
I don’t get pedicures because I can’t stand to get my feet touched and sure don’t want to hit a boob! I also would never get tired of s’mores anything, I’m obsessed with them, my all time S’mores Board on Pinterest…..it’s yummy 🙂
my comment should read “they are my all time favorites and you should check out my S’mores Board on Pinterest….not sure how this stuff was left out lol
I made these with the chocolate cupcake recipe suggested. It was all VERY yummy but also very rich. I might try cutting down on the sugar in both the icing and the cupcake and see how it turns out. Also I think I broiled my mini marshmallows too close together, as they stuck together and were hard to separate. But I will definitely be making them again. Thanks for the recipe! I really love how the graham cracker crust actually stays with the cupcake 🙂
Made these today for my mom’s birthday. They turned out so cute and YUMMY! It was my first foray into the world of buttercream and I can’t believe I haven’t ever tried to make it before! It was so easy and delicious! I did have a little trouble with “roasting” my marshmallows. They all stuck together in a big clump and were a little bit of a sticky mess, but all in all this was a super easy, super cute, and super yummy recipe.
Oh these sound so amazing. I think I’ve found what I’m making for my bf’s birthday!
Oh my gosh, these are the BEST cupcakes!! I randomly found this recipe and website when I searched S’Mores cupcakes…lucky me! First of all the cupcakes were a HIT! They are delish! Secondly, your website is amazing…I love it and want to try almost everything! 🙂