- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an ungreased 9×13 baking pan sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk the ingredients together gently to combine.
- Make 3 wells in the dry ingredients. Pour the vanilla in one, the vinegar in another, and the oil in the last. Pour the water all over the top. Using a whisk or a fork, stir the batter until smooth and combined.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted int he center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool and dust with powdered sugar or frost.