Wacky Cake is a classic egg and dairy free chocolate cake. NO mixer needed for this cake recipe, because it’s mixed right in the 9×13 pan that it’s baked in. You get a soft, chocolatey cake that you can top with any frosting you like!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an un-greased 9×13 baking pan sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk the ingredients together gently to combine.
- Make 3 wells in the dry ingredients. Pour the vanilla in one, the vinegar in another, and the oil in the last. Pour the water all over the top. Using a whisk or a fork, stir the batter until smooth and combined.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted int he center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool and dust with powdered sugar or frost.
Keywords:: wacky cake recipe, chocolate cake no eggs, chocolate cake no dairy, dairy free cake recipe, easy cake